What is the full form of APJ Abdul Kalam
APJ Abdul Kalam: Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam
APJ Abdul Kalam is a short name of a great Indian scientist, physicist, areospace engineer and the 11th President of India from 2002 to 2007, Avul Pakir Jainulabdeen Abdul Kalam. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam was born and raised in Rameswaram, Tamil Nadu, and studied physics and aerospace engineering. He spent the almost four decades as a scientist and science administrator, mainly at the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). He was the man behind India's civilian space programme and military missile development efforts.
After the successfull development of ballistic missiles and launch vehicle technology, he was named "Missile Man of India".
He was awarded the top civilian award of the country "Bhart Ratna".
- Bharat Ratna 1997
- Padma Vibhushan 1990
- Padma Bhushan 1981
He left the entire country in grief on 27 July 2015 Shillong, Meghalaya, India while delevering a speech to the students.
APJ Abdul Kalam was born on 15 October 1931 to a Tamil Muslim family in the pilgrimage centre of Rameswaram on Pamban Island. It was then in the Madras Presidency and now in the State of Tamil Nadu. His father Jainulabudeen was a boat owner and imam of a local mosque. His mother Ashiamma was a housewife. APJ Abdul Kalam was the youngest of four brothers and one sister in his family.
APJ Abdul Kalam Most Famous Quotes
Following is a list of top 10 famous quotes of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam:
- "You have to dream before your dreams can come true."
- "Excellence is a continuous process and not an accident."
- "Life is a difficult game. You can win it only by retaining your birthright to be a person."
- "Man needs his difficulties because they are necessary to enjoy success."
- "We will be remembered only if we give to our younger generation a prosperous and safe India, resulting out of economic prosperity coupled with civilizational heritage."
- "Those who cannot work with their hearts achieve but a hollow, half-hearted success that breeds bitterness all around."
- "Educationists should build the capacities of the spirit of inquiry, creativity, entrepreneurial and moral leadership among students and become their role model."
- "Look at the sky. We are not alone. The whole universe is friendly to us and conspires only to give the best to those who dream and work."
- "If a country is to be corruption free and become a nation of beautiful minds, I strongly feel there are three key societal members who can make a difference. They are the father, the mother and the teacher."
- "My message, especially to young people is to have courage to think differently, courage to invent, to travel the unexplored path, courage to discover the impossible and to conquer the problems and succeed. These are great qualities that they must work towards. This is my message to the young people."