What is the full form of AT&T
AT&T: American Telephone & Telegraph Company
AT&T full form is American Telephone &
AT&T Inc. is an American multinational
telecommunications corporation, headquartered at Whitacre Tower
in downtown Dallas, Texas. It is not only one corporation. It is
a combination of many corporations engaged in entirely different
businesses that fall under one corporate group, so it is also
called AT&T conglomerate.
The world revolutionary language “C Language”
was developed at AT&T Bells laboratory.
Note: A conglomerate is the combination of
two or more corporations engaged in entirely different
businesses that fall under one corporate group, usually
involving a parent company and many subsidiaries.
Following are some great achievements of AT&T Inc.
- AT&T is the largest telecommunications company in
the world by revenue.
- In May 2014, AT&T is the 23rd-largest company in the
world as measured by a composite of revenues, profits, assets
and market value.
- AT&T is the 16th-largest non-oil company.
- In 2016, AT&T is the 17th-largest mobile telecom
operator in the world, with 130.4 million mobile customers.
- In 2015, AT&T was ranked world's number 6 most
valuable brands published by Millward Brown Optimor.
- AT&T Inc. was in its peak in the 1950s and 1960s. It
employed one million people and its revenue was roughly $3
- In 2005, AT&T was purchased by Baby Bell SBC
Communications for more than $16 billion ($19.4 billion in