Insert Comments in Excel Tutorial
Text boxes are special boxes used for highlighting the text
by putting it into these text boxes. Text boxes looks very much
like the comment box with the only difference that the text boxes
are visible permanently whereas text box are visible only when
you select a particular cell.
Adding text boxes
Text Box can be easily added by following the steps below:
- Go to the Insert tab in the ribbon at the top of excel
sheet and select Text Box from the options and then click the
point where you want to insert it. By default, it will contain
the name of the user and you can overwrite it.
Formatting text box
The text box can be easily formatted which includes
changing the font, font size, alignment, etc of the text inside
text box. Following is the list of the options available in
- Fill : This option can be used to
select a specific pattern to fill the background of the text box
like gradient, solid etc.
- Line Color: This option can be used to
choose color for the font and transparency of the line.
- Line Style: This option enables you to
choose the style (Bold, italics etc) for the text and set the
- Size: This option lets you change the
size of the text box.
- Properties: You can change some of the
properties of text box using this option.
- Text Box: This option lets you select
the layout for text box, like internal margins, auto fit option
and similar others.