Rows & Columns in Excel Tutorial
Row and Column Basics
MS Excel is present in tabular format comprising of number
of rows and columns
- Columns are present vertically while rows run
- Rows are identified by row number that is present on the
left vertical side of the sheet.
- Columns are identified by column number that is present
on the top of the sheet.
If we talk about MS Excel 2010 then number of rows varies
from 1 to 104857 from total 1048576. Similarly, columns vary from
A to XFD from total 16384 columns.
Navigation with rows and columns
Let’s take a look on the way that how to move
directly to last row and column:
- Users can directly move on to the last row by clicking
on the Control + Down navigation down arrow key.
- Similarly, users can directly move on to the last column
by clicking on the Control + Right navigation arrow key.
Cells are the area where rows and columns intersects.
Cells are identified with a proper combination of row
number and column header.