Setting Cell Type in Excel Tutorial
The Microsoft Excel can hold data of different types like
currency, numbers, date, etc. Setting the cell type can be done
in a number of ways and they are mentioned as below:-
- The user needs to right click on the cell>>Format
- The user requires clicking on the Ribbon from the ribbon
Various Cell formats
The following are the different Excel cell formats that
that is available.
- General:it is default formatting of the
- Number:The value displays cell as a
number with a separator
- Currency:It displays cell as currency
(with a currency sign).
- Accounting:It is very similar to
Currency and is used for the purpose of accounting.
- Date:Different date formats are
available. The excel user can write date as 17-04-2016 or 17th
April, 2016, etc.
- Time:Different time formats are
available. The user can write time as 7:00PM, 19:00.
- Percentage :The percentage is displayed
with decimal places like 50.00%
- Fraction :It helps the user to display
cell as fraction similar to 1/4 ,1/2 etc
- Scientific :Displaying cell
exponentially like 5.6E+01
- Text:This allows user to display cell
as normal text.
- Special : Used forspecial formatting of
cell like Zip code, Phone Number
- Custom:This is used for custom
formatting of cells.