Spell Check in Excel Tutorial
Excel - Spell Check
Microsoft Excel offers you the option of Spell
Check, which is inbuilt program in Excel. With this option, you
can check for the errors in the spelling of the text content
marked by a red underline.
Spell Check basis
The following steps will illustrate how to launch or access
the Spell Check Feature
- You can launch the Spell Check by going into the Preview
on the top and choose Spelling. You can do the same by pressing
F7 on the keyboard.
- You can now select the range of the cells where you want
to apply this feature to correct any spelling errors.
- The Spell Check will analyze the words for correct
spelling and any incorrect word is found, it will show the
correct suggestions in the Spelling dialogue box.
Let us now explore the various options that are listed in the spell
- Ignore Once: This options allows you to
ignore the spell check on current word and continuing to check
other words normally.
- Ignore All: This option allows you to
ignore the mistaken word found by spell check every time it
occurs in the sheet. .
- Add to Dictionary: This option allows
you to include a new word in Excel’s Dictionary database
- Change: This option allows you to
replace the current word with any of the selected word in the
suggestion box. .
- Change All: This option allows you to
replace the current word with the selected word in the
suggestion box every time it occurs in the sheet.
- AutoCorrect: This option allows Excel
to replace the mistaken word with the suggested correct word
selected from the list automatically without asking.