Advantage of JSP over Servlet
Java Server Pages (JSP) for short is Sun's answer for
creating dynamic sites. JSP give magnificent server side scripting
support for making database driven web applications. JSP empower
the engineers to straightforwardly embed java code into jsp
document, this makes the improvement handle exceptionally basic and
its upkeep likewise turns out to be simple. JSP pages are
proficient, it loads into the web servers memory on accepting the
solicitation first time and the resulting calls are served inside
of a brief timeframe.
In today's environment most web sites servers dynamic pages
in light of client solicitation. Database is extremely advantageous
approach to store the information of clients and different things.
JDBC give astounding database network in heterogeneous database
environment. Utilizing JSP and JDBC its simple to create database
driven web application. Java is known for its normal for "compose
once, run anyplace." JSP pages are stage free. Your port your .jsp
pages to any stage.
Why Use JSP
JavaServer Pages often serve the same purpose as programs
implemented using the Common Gateway Interface (CGI). But JSP offer
several advantages in comparison with the CGI.
- Execution is altogether better in light of the fact that
JSP permits implanting Dynamic Elements in HTML Pages itself as
opposed to having a different CGI documents.
- JSP are constantly ordered before it's prepared by the
server not at all like CGI/Perl which requires the server to stack
a mediator and the objective script every time the page is asked.
- JavaServer Pages are based on top of the Java Servlets
API, so like Servlets, JSP likewise has entry to all the capable
Enterprise Java APIs, including JDBC, JNDI, EJB, JAXP and so
- JSP pages can be utilized as a part of blend with servlets
that handle the business rationale, the model bolstered by Java
servlet layout motors.
- At long last, JSP is an indispensable piece of Java EE, a
complete stage for big business class applications. This implies
JSP can have impact in the least difficult applications to the
most perplexing and requesting.
Advantage of JSP:
- JSP are translated and compiled into JAVA servlets but are
easier to develop than JAVA servlets.
- JSP have all advatages of Java i.e write once run anywhere
- JSP uses simplified scripting language based syntax for
embedding HTML into JSP.
- JSP containers provide easy way for accessing standard
objects and actions.
- JSP reaps all the benefits provided by JAVA servlets and
web container environment, but they have an added advantage of
being simpler and more natural program for web enabling enterprise
- JSP use HTTP as default request /response communication
paradigm and thus make JSP ideal as Web Enabling Technology.
The JSP API
The JSP API consists of two packages:
The javax.servlet.jsp package has two interfaces and
classes.The two interfaces are as follows:
The classes are as follows: