Local SEO Checklist | SEO Checklist 2016
- Make sure you have added your targetted keyword in Title
tag. But don't misuse it. Don't put too many keywords in
- Use your keyword in url of your article. Best practise
is just to add main keyword and nothing else because if you are
writting long articles, Google might send you traffic on other
related keywords too.
- Use the keyword in the starting 2-3 sentences. So, that
Google can get an quick idea about the content.
- If you are uploading images in your articles, make sure
you have optimized the size of your image, make it responsive
and the image should be unique. Make sure you are also using alt
tag and title tag for all your images. To optimize your images,
use tools which compresses the images without compromizing with
the quality like "Smush.it".
- Use proper headings inside your article and H2 or H3
Tags for your headings. Use keywords in your headings in such a
way that it convey the message properly. Don't over optimize
the headings. H1 Tag must be used only once in the entire
page. You can display the post title inside H1.
- Add external link to high quality authority sites so
that users get additional stuff to read and learn.
- Don't forget to add internal links inside each of
your posts. It will help all those internal pages to perform
better in search engines.
- Optimize your articles by adding Slides, Infographics,
- Make a habbit of writing long articles around 1000
words. Try to cover all aspect inside single article so that
readers can find everything at one place. They will spend time
on your website and that's what google love about.
- Keyword density should be less than 1% i.e. if you are
writing 1000 words content, make sure you are using same keyword
only once in every 100 words. You can focus on using related
keywords instead of main keyword.
- Don't just use main keywords everywhere inside your
post. Use power of Google related keyword suggest and use it
inside your content.
- Add Social Sharing buttons on each of your posts so that
readers can share your article on social media sites like
facebook, twitter, Google+ etc.
- Try to optimize your site in order to lower down the
bounce rate. You can do that by adding related articles after
your article or in sidebar. Internal linking is also a good way
to reduce bounce rate.